We, value the trust you have placed in Electronics Bazaar (EB) and its affiliates/service partners and therefore we believe in keeping highest standards for maintaining privacy in secured transactions and customer information. We follow the below-mentioned practice for gathering information and dissemination of the same, which policy is subject to change at any time without notice and therefore, the customers must review this policy periodically in order to be aware of any changes. EB & its website www.electronicsbazaar.com ("Website") are committed to provide the privacy and follow all the essential steps to safeguard the sensitive personal data or information of user/customer shared by him during the registration/transaction with us. This is in compliance with the prevailing Information Technology Act, 2000 (hereinafter referred as the "IT Act") and the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 made under the said Act.
Collection of Personally Identifiable and Demographic Information:
We collect personally identifiable and demographic information when you:
- Create an account with EB or in the process of registration or during the course of any transaction or you place an order for purchase of the products to EB or on its website. You can browse some sections of our website without being a registered member but certain activities like placing an order do require registration requires the said Personal information.
- Use our services including our website or use or download App of Electronics Bazaar.
- Request for quotes, support, information or access to our information including information related to products and services.
- Download content, software or a software update from our website;
- Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails, alerts, updates or other materials etc.
- Register yourself for any contest, seminars, webinars or other contents or offers.
- Fill in the details for “Contact us” segment.
"Personally Identifiable and Demographic Information" includes but not limited to; your full name including your First and last name, password stored in an encrypted format, email addresses, mobile phone numbers and contact details, photographs, bank account, your home address, correspondence/communication address, ZIP/Postal code, demographic data like your age, gender, occupation, date of birth, education, address, your interest and preferences and opinions about our products/services or website, number of times you have visited/accessed to our website or any page of the website, items/products bought by you, loyalty points, notifications etc.
Reasonable Use of the collected Data/Information:
- We may use your personal or demographic data to send various offers to you based on your previous orders and your interests or to provide the services you request. We shall however provide you an option to opt-out, in a manner more particularly mentioned in clause 10 of this policy; to the extent we use your personal information to provide marketing services to you.
- We may use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; to help in promoting a safe service; collect dues owed; to measure consumer interest in our products and services, to inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; to customize your experience; to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; to enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- In our efforts to continuously improve our product and service offerings, we collect, analyze and update personal and profile data of our customers or users.
- In case of on-line transactions, we identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to manage our website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
- We will occasionally ask you to complete optional online or off-line surveys. These surveys may ask you for contact information and demographic information. We use this data to tailor your experience at our website or to improve our services to our customers or to provide you with the contents of your interest or preferences.
- We do not capture financial information such as credit card/debit card detail during the course of transactions with EB.
Purpose of collection of Information/Data :
We may collect your personal identifiable/demographic data for :
- Business activities like processing of your order, fulfilling your transaction requests and delivery of goods, information and services requested by you or other services related inquiries.
- Managing Contacts details of Clients or to update the profiles including administering and developing our business relationship with you or for providing information regarding products or services that you request from us or which accordingly to use may be of your interest.
- In addition to Sensitive Personal Data, we may use technology or devices to store data collection such as "cookies" to get information when your web browser accesses our website. A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. Our website places both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer's hard drive. Our Website cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
- By tracking the cookies we can keep track of products and to collect data that we may be used to enhance our website and for marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclosure of transfer or sharing your Sensitive Personal Data :
We will disclose or transfer your Personal or Demographic Data or Information in accordance with this Policy and as per the applicable legal requirements. Your Personal/Demographic Data or Information will be disclosed or transferred, as may be required from time to time, as follows :
- Internal: (i) to/between/amongst Employees or team of Electronics Bazaar responsible to process the data for business purpose.
- To Third Party: including our affiliates/service partners/logistics partners/Call centers working closely with or for or on behalf of or hired by us for improvement or enhancement or development or expansion of our business which includes but not limited to making welcome calls to customers or obtain opinions from customers about our services or reviewing performance etc. We may process you personally identifiable or demographic data to such Third party in a lawful, safe and responsible manner with all appropriate security and confidentiality.
- For Legal Requirement: including but not limited to government agencies, entity or as may be required under law and/or statutory authority, Reserve Bank of India and Credit Information Bureau India Ltd ("CIBIL") or in response to a legal/Court proceedings, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution.
Sharing of Personal/Demographic information :
We do not share, rent, sell or distribute your personal/demographic information and we will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties unless we have your permission or consent to provide products or services you have requested, which is subject to the following exceptions.
- We shall share personal/demographic information with our other Corporate entities, affiliates/associates and service partners to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud, and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our commercial activities or business transactions.
Links to Other Sites
Our site is linked with other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. We including our affiliates/associates or our website is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
Security Practice, Storage of Sensitive Personal Data.
We, including our affiliates/associates/service partners & our website including our App have stringent security measures in place to protect your personal/demographic data or the loss, misuse and alteration of the same information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information comes under our possession we adhere to the strict security guidelines to protect it against unauthorized access.
- We ensure to follow the required compliance under the IT Act to protect and preservation of privacy of Personal/Demographic Data. Our team/ employees/ third Party involved in the storage, access and process; follow all the security measures to protect of the said sensitive Data. We have undertaken reasonable security measures to protect your Sensitive Data against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. It is managed by physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards/measures in place to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of Your Sensitive Data or Information, We including our team/employees of Electronics Bazaar or third party have limited access to your Sensitive Personal/Demographic Data. EB will initiate Strict and disciplinary action in case of failure to meet these obligations.
- To further ensure enforcement of this Policy, the standard or code of best practices may be audited time to time or as & when required or at least once a year or when we undertake significant up gradation of our process and computer resources and take such corrective action as per audit result; in order to comply with this Policy and provisions of the IT Act.
- We ensure that Sensitive Personal Data is not stored; if it is not in use or until there is a legal obligation to do so under law. It is our practice to destroy Sensitive Personal Data as soon as possible after it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or used.
- You can contact and complain in case of any discrepancies or grievances with regard to the processing of your sensitive personal data or information, please contact at 1800-266-0786 or write us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Further on receipt of any concerns or complaints the Grievance Officer will employ all commercially reasonable efforts to address the same within one (1) month of receipt of same.
Choice to Opt-Out or Corrections
- We, including our affiliates/associates/service partners & our website provide all users an opportunity to opt-out from receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us or on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after creating a contact or an account. If you want to remove your contact information from our database or our lists and newsletters etc., then please contact us for the same through e-mail communication.
- We also allow our customers to correct or update any information provided by you and saved in our database by using 'EDIT' option logging into their own Account by themselves or by sending a communication via e-mail at our e-mail address or by contacting on the numbers as mentioned on our website and App.
- Any information provided by you will be considered as correct and complete in all respect. You may change your data directly on website by login in your account or can send us written request to review the Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you or any amendments/changes thereof. We are not responsible for any inaccurate or deficient data fed by you. We however, correct or amend the same as may be feasible upon receipt of the written request from you indicating the said amendment/changes.
- You agree that we are not responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of such data or information provided to us by you and you agree to indemnify ‘Electronicsbazaar’ for all losses incurred by Electronicsbazaar due to any false, distorted, manipulated, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent or misleading facts made by you to Electronicsbazaar.
Advertisements on EB Website/App :
Third-party advertising companies may use our website/App to display advertisements when you visit our website or use our App. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about their goods and services of interest to you. However, we including our affiliates/associates/service partners & our website/App do not warrant or is not responsible for any representations made by such third party in any manner.
Policy Updates :
We reserve our right to change, alter, amend, modify, add or update this policy at any time without prior notification. Policy will be published on website with such changes with immediate effect. Policy with the changes will supersede to last policy from that effective date of implementation such changes will be effective immediately upon posting the same on our website. You can offer you views, suggestions if any, by submitting your feedback on our e-mail address.
In case of any ambiguity, the definitions established under the IT Act shall apply.